Monday, November 7, 2011

Faith

Faith. This simple five letter word gets people talking, but it also gets people mad, upset, and angry at each other. Sometimes it can make you walk on egg shells to avoid certain topics; but in other circumstances it becomes the white elephant in the room. Some people boast about theirs, while other people quietly go about their lives while pretending it doesn't exist.

I believe we all need faith. We need to believe that there is someone out there that loves us, and wants us to return home to live with Him again. If we are on this earth just for today what is the point of our lives? Why would we live for just 70ish years, and then nothing ever again?

As a child I was shy about my faith. I wasn't sure about what I knew to be true, and what I thought was good. I didn't like when other children, or their parents made fun of my faith. So I laughed with them, to help me cope. When we talked about faith as teenagers, I knew that people would look at me to see what my reaction to some outrageous thought or belief, but I just stayed stoic, as to not give myself the label of weirdo, or naive.

I also didn't stand up for my beliefs because I didn't think I knew enough about my religion. I was naive about my beliefs. I was bad at church and fell asleep during most of the service. My mom would let me sleep on the pew, and when I was awake, I had a very hard time staying focused on anything more than the music.

But the time has come now for me to stand up, and stand out of the crowd. I have been vague all my life, and I have this burning desire in my soul to go bring the world His truth. To share with the world my light.
Neither do men light a acandle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. (Matthew 5:15)
I am declaring to everyone in this bloggershpere that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Also known as a Mormon. I believe that I will return to live with my Heavenly Father (God) and my Savior, brother and friend; Jesus Christ again. I know that My father in Heaven directs my life daily, and loves me to no end. I see His love for me in the sunsets out my window, and in the evening when the sun sets, and allows me to see the most magical color combinations that I dream of capturing in photography. I know that my brother Jesus Christ died for me so that I can return to live with Him again. He suffered everything for everyone; He has felt the pain you and I felt because He wanted us to return to live with Him again. I know that He would do it all over again if He needed to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment