Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm a Good Patient!

So yesterday I was eating lunch when... Ouch! As I bit down into my salad, shooting pains went from my teeth straight to my gums. I called the Dr for an appointment, and got one for today.

As I got into the dentist office, I was ok. Actually the pain from yesterday had pretty much subsided, so I didn't think that too much was wrong. Boy, was I!!

The dental assistant took some x-rays, and also some pictures. Then I got to wait while I heard some poor 13 yr old boy cry, scream, and whine about the pain he was in. Good thing I'm not really afraid of the dentist, cause I'm sure he would have scared people off!

I was expecting the Dr. to say "I see you have 1 cavity. Let's get that fixed." Instead I get "I see you have 3 cavities. (dum dum duuumm) Then you have (I think she called it a distal fracture) on your molar."

So instead of one filling, I got 3! And also I get to get a crown. What was supposed to take an hour, ended up taking 3.

As I was getting fitted for the crown, and the assistant was shoving some string up into my gums, the Novocain started to wear off. I started to feel every time she used the sharp pointy stick to jab up into my gums, and told the assistant. She asked if I wanted to have the Dr. come and reshoot me up with medicine. I told her no, I was ready to go, and didn't care how much pain it was, I didn't want to stay there more than I had to. So as she continued to work, she kept telling me how good I was doing.

When the Dr. got back into the room to finish the temporary crown I was feeling some pain. The assistant then told the Dr. that I had feeling coming back. Let me tell you, she didn't go lightly because she knew I was in pain. When she was done the assistant again told me how good I was even through the pain.

When I went out to line up my next appointment (to fit me with the permanent crown) the assistant couldn't stop telling me how good of a patient I had been. I thought she was going to ask me if I wanted to get a prize from the treasure box that was in the room.

If she had asked I would have gotten something too! I love stupid little toys, like the toys from Happy Meals. I put them on my shelf at work. Right now I have about 6 toys up there. I may seem a little immature, but believe me, when you are bored, they give you something to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment