Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Best Valentines Day Ever (so far)

I started out today with a bad 'tude. I have had 29 Valentines Day, and so far they have not been the best days ever... as far as I am concerned. In my 29 years I have yet to "have a valentine" to be asked on a date for valentines, or to receive roses (or candy, or a teddy bear) from a special someone. So when I went to work, and like 500 balloons were down at the desk for pick up (ok, so I over exaggerated on the balloons)  I was a again down hearted.

But my friend Amy, and I had already planned to go to an Allen American's Hockey game. I love all sports, and the American's played the #1 team in the CHL tonight. I was excited to see some good ole knocking people into the boards, and maybe even a fight or two. I wasn't disappointed!

Even thought I could have reff'ed better than the refs that were on the ice tonight (and we got trounced by the other team) I can't think of any other way that I would rather spend a Valentine's Day (well while I am single anyways.) A couple of our friends joined us to root for the American's. And we sat close to the hecklers at the game (people with drums, horns, and they love to yell at the refs/goalie of the opposing team) I got to cheer, dance, and yell at the top of my lungs.

The American's were down by 2 goals, and then the magic happened. Our player got into a fight with the other team. I started yelling a screaming for our player to hit the other guy. I realized that I wanted them to fight harder, and to see more blood. (Didn't see any tonight :( ) I think hockey is the BEST way to get out emotions. Even just watching. Hockey, more than any other team sport, promotes checking the other guy into the wall, and even fighting (to some degree.) Let me tell you, it is awesome to watch! You get to use all the anger from the day, and put it towards something constructive. I have been to many hockey games, but I'm going back to more.

GO AMERICAN'S - Don't stop living in the RED


Oh... and Happy Valentine's Day!



1 comment:

  1. You wanted to see blood?! On Valentine's day?! Creepy....

    ReplyDelete