Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Most Interesting Man in the World

If you live on the American Continent (and own a tv, computer or smart phone) then you have most likely heard the commercials for a certain beverage that entertains that a certain man who drinks this beverage is the most interesting man in the world. I think these commercials are funny, and witty. But I must admit that I think they are false.

I know the Most Interesting Man in the World.

Thomas S Monson
Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I love this picture of him. When I think of him, this is who I see. His smile is always radiant, and he must have a dozen ties of similar stripes, or colors.

I have been listening to the Mormon Channel durring my work. I think it helps me stay focused, and allows me to be spiritually uplifted at the same time. I had listened to the conversations series. Some by Elder David Bednar and his wife; Sister Julie Beck; Sister Barbara Thompson. All of these people I adore, and they have inspiring messages. Then I came across a name I didn't know too well at all, Heidi Swinton, she is an author for several books, and even a playwrite. So I decided to listen to her conversation with Ruth Todd. Even within the fist couple of minutes I was hooked. I learned that she wrote a book about the prohet Joseph Smith.

But I digress. She is the author to a book that I want.
As she explains in the conversation with Ruth, she was called as a mission presidents wife when President Monson called to ask her to write his biography. She spent the last year of her mission having 2-3 hour video conferences with President Monson.

But the reason I believe he is the most interesting man in the world? He loves. Heidi talks about how people would tell her stories of how he flew to Germany on a weekend off to bless a German officials wife. How he didn't miss a single funeral for one of the 85 widows that were in his ward when he was first called as Bishop.

He is the epitome of the warm fuzzy movement going thoughout the Church. What a life of service, and love. What an amazing man. I can't wait to read his book, and I can't wait to reread all his words from past general conferences. (A little lesson I learned from Heidi, she talks about how when she was wanting to learn who President Monson was, she read every talk he had ever given, because the talks given were from Heavenly Father) The more I listened to her conversation, the more I love this man, the more I know that he is the Prophet of God who leads and directs us today.

1 comment: