Tuesday, December 27, 2011

11 of 2011

With the year ending, I am seeing top 10 lists all around. Top 10 best/worst celebrity baby names. Top 10 NYE Celebrations. I have decided that I would do my own top 10, but why only stay with 10, when this is 2011? Wouldn't it just make sense to do the top 11? These are my Top 11 things. I don't have a have a specific topic. It's just things that I like throughout the year.

  1. PINTREST.com This site is the best site I have found to take ideas that others have done, and do it yourself! I have done many crafts from this site.  The picture on the right is my art piece that is hanging in my apartment right now. It's crayons melted with a heat gun. another project I am working on is a clock for a friend. I am getting a pattern to make a purse out of old ties. I also love how many quotes are on Pintrest. I love to find all the inspirational ones.
  2. PANDORA.com  I know this isn't new for some people. You may have used it for the last couple of years. But this is the first year that I have used it everyday I am at work. I love it because I have such a random taste in music, and I get bored of music fast. With Pandora I can listen to a Top 40 hit, then a Musical, and top it off with a song from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I have Pandora on all day long at work, it calms me, and keeps me going.
  3. Hey Tell app. This app is amazing! It's like walkie talkies/texting/and voicemail all in one. It's great for driving. You can talk to someone like a walkie talkie, and if they are available they can listen. If not its like voicemail. The best thing is you don't have to use your phone minutes, so its like texting. My friends and I use it for places to meet, or just about anything. It also has a GPS feature, but that still needs to be fixed. It is available for iPhones, and Androids. So you can talk to all of your friends!
  4. Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA Champions
  5. Dallas Mavericks win the 2011 NBA title! Dirk, JET Terry, Jason Kidd, and all the rest finally sent the big, bad Miami Heat home for the summer. Dallas took the Larry O'Brien trophy home. It was a great series. Miami and Dallas both traded home and away wins. But in the end Dallas took the title 4-2. Some friends and I went to go buy the championship t-shirts at midnight, and they were already sold out! So I got up at 6am to get to the store by 7am when they opened. I stood in line for 30 mins, and was still about 50th in line. But I got my shirt! I didn't get to go to the parade because I didn't have PTO at the time, but thats ok, because I heard that it was a mad house.
  6. STOMP I have already written about STOMP in my blog, and recently too, but thats how much I loved this show! I loved it so much that in my Branch Talent Show we did a STOMP inspired routine. It wasn't an actual stomp routine because they are long, and hard. I could see this show 100 more times, and never get bored.
  7. Cycloptomus The One Eyed Shark that was never actually born. Every time I see it, it half creeps me out, and half is so cool that I want to know if it is real, or just a hoax. Everything I have read says that it is real. But then again, with photoshop, anything is possible. 
  8. Harry Potter. Yes, I was so excited when the final movie came out! I have read all the Harry Potter books, and I have seen all the movies. I even have the book The Tales of Beetle the Bard. It's my one book series that I have geeked out with. So I think thats ok. 
  9. Vocal Point / Penatonix. Both of these are vocal a cappella groups that were contestants on The Sing Off.  These were by far my favorite. Vocal Point is a group of 9 make singers from BYU. Penatonix is a group of 5 kids from Arlington, TX. Vocal Point is traditional a cappella with great arrangements, hugh energy dance moves, and a fun spirit. Penatonix brings a new age twist on their songs with a great bass and beat. 
  10. Zip lining at the DFW Adventure Park. This is the first time I have been zip lining. I was so scared that I was only focused on the landing, not the ride. When I go back next year, I am going to be sure that I enjoy the ride, and the thrill of the flight.  Just one time zip lining, and it makes me want to do more fun things that are off the wall for me. Like indoor sky diving, and a ropes course. Both of these sound like so much fun!
  11. LMFAO my favorite party rock tunes right now. Theres Party Rock Anthem, and my favorite song, I'm Sexy and I know it. Both of these songs get me pumped to party all night long. When I get bored at work my co worker and I turn up either one of these songs and do some bad dance of the day, then get back to work. When either of these songs come on in the car, the radio goes up all the way. When the Party Rock Anthem song comes on at a dance, watch out because I am going to dance and party. I love that these songs make me happy, and get me pumped.
  12. SYTYCD's Melanie Moore.  If you have never seen her art, just watch the video. If you have seen her, and know who she is, then this is my favorite dance that she did throughout the season on SYTYCD. (So You Think You Can Dance) In the video Melanie literally leaps about 15 feet through the air! When I saw the show dance live, I had to rewind it 4 times to make sure that I was seeing it right. Well that, and I had goosebumps. She has some other amazing videos, including one with the runner up of the show Sasha. And her partner for most of the show Marko, with whom she had 2 memorable dances. Overall I think this has been my favorite year of SYTYCD, there have been so many dances that were memorable to me. Sasha was just as amazing as Melanie, and was my second favorite all season long.


So thats my Top 11 of 2011. In case I don't say it, Happy New Year! May 2012 be the best year yet! I plan on 2012 being my best year for me. I'm going to be braver, and stronger. 

1 comment:

  1. great list! i'm getting mine readyt too.
    also, I LOVE NEIL!! gah. he is so wonderfully amazing. one of my favorites of his is still the baseball dance he did with Kent a few seasons back. NEIL! NEIL! NEIL!

    ReplyDelete