Wednesday, December 21, 2011

End of year Review

So I'm never good at telling everyone what I have been up to during the year. And i figured that while i still remember what I did I should write it down.

2011 started off really bad for me. Within a week of the new year I was let go from my job. Not because I had done anything wrong, they just couldn't pay me anymore. This turned out to be the best thing because  I wouldn't have left that job. It took me 2 months, and a good friend to help me land a job for Capital One. Not only did I get a pay raise, but I also have paid time off, and insurance!

In the spring I got to go see the show Burn the Floor! I love this show! Well I actually spent most of the night staring at Pasha Kovalev!

I kept taking pictures, but didn't post as many as I would have liked on facebook, or my long lost blog, because I kept getting busier, and busier.

In the summer life didn't slow down. I did so many new and exciting things that I know I can't remember them all. One thing is I got to go see STOMP! This might have been the best thing I have ever seen! I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough. The 2 hour show went by too fast. My favorite part was the audience participation. They are so good at what they do, and it really is a show. It's amazing to me how quiet everyone was!

After stomp came the not so fun part of my year. In August I had my first ever surgery. I had my gall bladder removed. This also meant my first overnight stay in the hospital. Not something I ever want to do again. (Unless it is for something like I am in labor)

Recovery from the surgery was long. I didn't ever hurt, but even know I see where I am still getting my endurance back for small things like lung capacity. But all in all I am doing better than before. I don't eat nearly as much, and I don't crave the same fatty foods that I used to. I am thankful that i had to have surgery, I am healthier now than I have been in years.

After my surgery I decided that it was time for me to move out on my own!! I now have an apartment with no roommates. I have really learned how to entertain myself (for the most part) I enjoy blogging more, and also doing family history. Each day as I learn a little more about how I entertain myself, what I like to do, and who I want to be I am glad that I moved out. Even though every now and then it gets really quiet around here. But the best part of my house is that I have the BEST VIEW! I can see the McKinney Stake Center steeple from all my windows. When I wake up, and when I go to sleep, I feel like I am looking at the temple with how it lights up.

Lately I have wanted to do some fun stuff. I went zip lining and also Drag car racing. What a thrill! Both of these were so much fun! I get to go zip lining again in January! It's going to be colder this time, but I don't care.

I got to shoot my first ever engagement shoot this fall. I learned so much about color, and light. I'm excited because I am also slated to shoot their groomals, and wedding as well! We shall see what else I can learn at the next shoots.  I love just having fun at shoots. I find that when I am relaxed, they subjects are more relaxed, and the pictures turn out much better.

Looking forward to 2012 is promising. I know that I am going to be busy! But I am learning to take time for myself. This is probably the best lesson I have learned all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment