Sunday, December 25, 2011

Family

Today is Christmas. I was going to post about the Savior. About His birth, and the humble surroundings, His ministry, and His atonement. How without the atonement we wouldn't celebrate His birth.

I am still grateful for Jesus Christ. But this Christmas has taken a different turn. This year is about family, and whom I call my family.

You see My immediate family consists of me, and my mother (in TX) she is amazing. She raised me as a single parent for 23 years of my life. We have had our hard times, but I realize now that she gave me everything she had. She always thinks of me first. My father, stepmother, and stepsister (in CA). My father has been my knight in shining armor since I could remember. He makes me laugh out loud all the time. We can talk for hours in the phone, and he gave me memories that I will remember forever. My stepmother is so different than my father. I don't know how they ever fell in love, but I am so glad they did so I could learn from her. She is very analytical, and sees the world from a different point of view. I know that if I ever need advice and dad doesn't understand, she will have advice that I couldn't have even thought of. She also has the best since of who I am. When I moved into my new apartment, she sent towels, I didn't even tell her the colors I was going for, and she sent the exact color! My stepsister and I have never had a close relationship, but she is a great person, and we laugh about the differences of our parents all the time.

I never had the big family that I always wanted. I remember pleading to my mom, telling her how much I wanted a little sibling when I was little. Well I never got that wish. But as I have grown older I have realized that even though I don't have physical brothers and sisters; I have friends in my life that I wouldn't trade for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment