Saturday, January 14, 2012

Night Out

I found out something last night... I know who I am. Not like I have found all the answers I have been looking for from within myself for the last year; but I know my standards, and my abilities.

In the past, I thought that by living by these standards meant that my fun days were limited. Not in the number, but in the amount of fun I could have with friends not from my Mormon background. Not that my friends are bad, they are nothing of the sort, but that they would try to push me into a situation that I was uncomfortable with.

This all changed last night. I went out with two co-workers. we stopped by 3 establishments; all were fun but some more than others. When we arrived at the first establishment, it was to early to dance. We laughed, and people watched for a little bit. The next establishment I knew the password to get in free! First we watched a comedy show, FUNNY! Then we did some dancing under the laser lights. The atmosphere was great. The other people there were really nice, and we all just wanted to have fun. The last establishment was the best. We met up with another co-worker and her friends. They had a a couple of line dances (we Mormons know how to line dance) but all these line dances were new to me. Most of them were fairly easy, so I picked up on them. But there is one called the "Wobble" that was my favorite! After about 5 line dances the regular music picked up again, and I watched as my co-workers friends actually knew how to shuffle! Like for real, and very well. All in all a great night out with friends.

Not once did I feel uneasy about something, or scared. I was well aware of who I was at all times. I can have fun, and be me. I can be adventurous and see new things. But I will always know where my line is to not be crossed. Last night was a new adventure that I am glad I took the risk to take. It helped me realize more who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment