Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Women at the Well

Women at the Well 
I have been busy. Not a "I don't have anything to write so I will say that I'm busy," busy... but a "dang I get home at 12:30 at night" busy. I have spent the last 4 weeks working on a production for the Relief Society in my Church. The production is from Kenneth Cope and is called Women at the Well.

The well
The production depicts women in the time of Christ. How they lived and learned from Christ's teachings. The set was amazing! Que Taylor and her crew were able to take a normal cultural hall and turn it into City Scene from Jerusalem. The set had everything from a house, to a well (fitting since the title is Women at the Well) The grapes, and vases fit perfectly, along with real bread that fit right in.

The cast of Women at the Well

The production was a success both days! All the actresses (and one 10yr old actor) did amazing. Always remembering the words, and definitely bring the spirit into the production.

My part in the production? Started off as the stager/choreographer, and durring the production I was video #1. I loved being a part of the production. It was a huge success, and even though it took so much time I would do it over again in a heartbeat, because I felt so much love for the work that I put in. I wanted every movement to be perfect. I wanted the performers to love the music as much as I did, wanted them to put the emotion that I had for the words into their performances. And the best thing is THEY DID! They all felt the music, and they showed the love.
Some of the amazing decorations

This whole experience has shown me how much I love MUSIC. I have always known that the love for music was in me, but now it just can't be held in. I get so much enjoyment from just watching them as they performed.

The experience also let me know how much I love to help others to show off their talents. In some ways I felt like a mother when the songs that I staged came on, I was so proud that no one fell, so proud that they remembered their staging. It was an awesome feeling!
Floor Decorations

Now that everyone else is done with women at the well, my portion is just beginning. I have 6 hours of video to edit! The producer told me that she wanted to have a cast party in two weeks! That actually wouldn't be so bad, but I have had trouble with my computer. I don't have enough free space on my Macbook :( I actually only have 2 Gb left! (Only started out with 140 Gb) So comes my new iMac! I am picking it up today! This makes me about as excited as the video editing itself! I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment