Friday, April 27, 2012

Packing vs UNpacking

Packing is one of those enivitable things that happen in everyone's life. I however have done it more times than most. I have moved about 16 times that I remember. All in the same city too.

I moved out of the city of McKinney! (gasp) No worries, I am moving one city over. Closer to work, and to church. Plus I am liking the new apartments. They are very friendly, and pretty. They have great parking (this matters at 1am).

Packing however still sucks. I hate living out of boxes. Having only a 10th of your normal stuff to use. My whole front room is boxes/bags for tomorrow so my friends helping me move will just have to shove it in the trucks. The move was good. About 8 people helped me move. I know the hardest part was after all my furniture was out of the old apartment, and I had to clean and remove all the little things from the old apartment. I was so tired by that point that I almost collapsed.

All in all I finished, exhausted, but home. I counted the number of stairs I took. My old apartment has 2 stairwells of 19 stairs, and my new apartment just has 19 stairs.

2 * 19 = 38 (number of stairs) * 26 (times I went up the stairs) * 2 (because I had to come down also) = 1976 steps of the old apartment alone = 1 MILE OF STAIRS.

Not to forget the other stairwell that I went up and down, but I forgot to count those times. So about a mile and half of stairs. Now thats hard enough, but add carrying boxes, bags, and heavy/awkward things down the stairs, and then running back up. I really don't know what I was thinking.

Now I'm i the new apartment, and I have to unpack. I' not going to lie I'm not quite done yet, and I'm ok with it. I figure after living in boxes for 2 weeks, another day isn't going to hurt anything. I'm mostly unpacked, but it's things like my craft baxes that I haven't put away. Partly because I don't know where I am going to put them yet. I will know soon, because the boxes are bugging the crap out of me.

I must say that I like to unpack, and I love putting things away in a new place, but I learned that I am throwing away so much paper, and boxes. Thats the bad part about unpacking. The pile of boxes that you have to get rid of.

One day soon I will be done, and then pictures will be soon to follow. I love my new apartment, It's bigger, and closer to everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment